Apply or Recommend a Family
Work with us to support rescue dogs and individuals in need.
Rescue Dog Selection and Process
- We partner with our local shelter and other foster-based rescues to identify dogs that may be a good fit for our program.
- The dogs live with experienced fosters where they get to know more about the dog’s personality and energy level to determine what their ideal forever home should be. During that time, the fosters work on crate and potty training, as well as basic commands (sit, stay, recall, etc.) to give them a good foundation to get started before they go home.
Adopter Selection & Vetting Process
- We receive recommendations from our online submission form, rescue partner referrals and other various community organizations. Our priorities are Veterans, children in need, and First Responders.
- We interview potential adopters and have them complete our application, as well as the applicable rescue’s application, which includes a complete background check on applicants to ensure no animal cruelty violations and contacting references. Approved applicants will meet dogs that may be a good fit to see if they are a match.
- Once a match is made, we arrange the Adoption Day, at which time the family receives a Forever Home Starter Kit that includes: crate, crate pad, bed, bowls, collar, leash, food, treats and assorted toys. They have their first training session with Leash Free Living before heading home.
- As their new RSF family member adjusts to their forever home if assistance is needed, we can offer training support to our adopters.
- Our RSF team continues to check in with everyone to be sure all is well.