Apply or Recommend a Family
Work with us to support rescue dogs and individuals in need.
Rescue Dog Selection and Training Process
- We partner with BARCS to rescue and identify dogs that may be a good fit for our program.
- We work with certified trainers from Leash Free Living to foster and train our rescue dogs for 4 to 6 weeks. During that time, our dogs live with the foster trainers 24/7, allowing the trainers to get to know their personalities and energy levels so we can better match them with their ideal home.
Adopter Selection & Vetting Process
- We receive recommendations from our online submission form, rescue referrals and other various community organizations.
- We interview potential adopters and have them complete our application, which includes a complete background check on applicants to ensure no animal cruelty violations and contacting references. Approved applicants will meet our dogs that may be a good fit to see if they are a match.
- Once a match is made, we arrange the Adoption Day, at which time the family receives a Forever Home Starter Kit that includes: crate, crate pad, bed, bowls, collar, leash, food, treats and assorted toys. They have their first training session with Leash Free Living before heading home.
- Our families are offered post-adoption training sessions if needed as their new RSF family member adjusts to their forever home.
- Our RSF team continues to check in with everyone to be sure all is well.